To View Campaign Finance Documents online click here
2014 Candidate Packets are available. Pick up a packet at any Elections office. MCTEC, Mesa and Downtown. Hours & Locations
Running for Office? Starting a Political Committee?
First Step - REGISTRATION
Candidates and Political Committees must file either a Statement of Organization or $500 Threshold Exemption Statement BEFORE making any expenditures, accepting any contributions, distributing campaign literature or CIRCULATING PETITIONS.
NEW - Candidates must file either a Statement of Organization or $500 Threshold Exemption Statement for BOTH the Primary Election and General Election. However, candidates that only appear on the General Election ballot do not need to file for the Primary Election.
It is unlawful for a candidate to start campaign activities before filing a Statement of Organization or a $500 Threshold Exemption Statement with the County Elections Department. State law requires that a new Statement of Organization or $500 Threshold Statement be filed before each election; even if the current committee from a previous candidacy is still open.
Also, any change of committee information, such as new officers, must be reported to the filing officer within five business days. These changes are reported by filing an amended Statement of Organization. (A.R.S. 16-902.01 & 16-903).
Blank Political Committee Forms
For your convenience, these forms may be filled out online, saved to your personal computer, and then printed out for submission to the Elections Department. These forms may be used by Candidate Campaign Committees and Political Action Committees that are active in Maricopa County.
- $500 Threshold Exemption Statement (**Revised 9/2011**) (A.R.S. 16-903) This form will be used if you don't plan on spending or taking in contributions that exceed a total of $500.00 including your own money.
- Statement of Organization (**Revised 9/2011**) (A.R.S. 16-903) This form will be used for a candidate or political action committee who intends to receive contributions or make expenditures of more than five hundred dollars.
- Campaign Finance Report 2014 Election Cycle
- No Activity Statement 2014 Election Cycle
- Termination Statement (**Revised 9-23-2010**) (A.R.S. 16-914) This form is required in order to close out all candidate campaign committees and political action committees. For committees that have filed a Statement of Organization, this form must be filed as well as a campaign finance report, with a balance of zero. For committees that have file a $500 Threshold Exemption Statement, this form must be filed within 90 days after the election. This form may also be used to transfer funds to a subsequent election committee.
- Financial Disclosure Statement - Maricopa County (A.R.S. 35-542) All candidates for county office (excluding precinct committeemen) must file this form at the time of filing their nomination paper and petitions.
- Instructions booklet - Financial Disclosure Statements This booklet is provided by the AZ Secretary of State. Some sections are not required on the Maricopa County form.
Financial records for a candidate or committee are indexed by candidate/committee number. They are available for viewing at 111 S. 3rd Ave., Phoenix AZ 85003. Phone 602-506-8344, T.D.D. 602-506-2348. We provide copies of documents for a charge of $0.25 per page or $3.00 per certification. Public assistance employees are available for your convenience.
Candidate Filing Information
Get a map of your district
Previous Election Information
Archives - by election year
Polling Place Information
Polling Place Detail Report
Polling Place Locator
For information not contained here, please contact Kristi Passarelli by phone at 602-506-8344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.