For optimal website performance, we recommend that you turn on JavaScript in your browser. Click here to find out how.

Military/Overseas Absentee Ballot Request

Welcome to the online voter assistance page for Maricopa County active out-of-county/overseas military personnel, their dependents, and overseas voters.

This page is specifically designated to address your needs.

Overseas Citizens or active out-of-county/overseas military and their dependent family members are afforded special consideration under federal (Uniformed & Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act or UOCAVA) and state law in an effort to address the additional obstacles that you face in participating in our democracy. This webpage will aid you in submitting a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) or in verifying your registration and current out-of-county mailing address, allow you to check to ensure that Maricopa County Elections has you designated correctly as a UOCAVA voter, request a ballot by submitting an FPCA form, and check the status of your ballot request or FPCA status to be sure that it is received in time to be counted.

Before proceeding, do you qualify to participate in elections under Arizona and Federal Law and do you meet the UOCAVA status requirements?

To be eligible to register to vote in Arizona, a person must be:

  • A citizen of the United States of America. This includes any U.S. citizen who has never resided in the United States but whose parent is a United States citizen registered to vote in Arizona (see A.R.S. § 16-103).
  • 18-years old on or before the date of the next general election
  • A resident of Arizona for 29 days preceding the election
  • Able to write his or her name or make his or her mark (unless physically disabled)
  • Not convicted of a felony or treason (unless restored to civil rights)
  • Not adjudicated an incapacitated person (see A.R.S. § 14-5101)

Uniformed Personnel

  • Must be a citizen of the United States of America
  • Resident of Arizona
  • Must be a member of the Uniformed Services or a family member
  • Must be stationed Out-of-County to utilize this request method (if you are stationed locally, then click here to request a "regular" early ballot)

(Uniformed Services are defined as the U.S. Armed Forces, merchant marine, commissioned corps of the Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)

Overseas Citizen or Civilian

  • Must be a citizen of the United States of America
  • A resident of Arizona
  • An overseas citizen means a U.S. citizen who resides indefinitely outside the U.S., and who was qualified to register, except for age, in Arizona immediately prior to his or her departure from Arizona.
  • An overseas civilian means a U.S. citizen who resides temporarily outside the U.S., and who was qualified to register in Arizona and is intending to return to the U.S.

(If you are not an active military member, dependent or qualifying spouse stationed out of the county or an overseas voter, please return to the main page for standard election services).

Do you qualify? CLICK HERE to proceed to STEP ONE:

(NOTE: If you are a new user to the UOCAVA portal, you will be required to register for the portal with your current email address).

You will need Adobe Reader to view documents attached to this page.

Adobe Reader