Teen Board Worker Information
The Step UP program allows 16 and 17 year old high school students to work at a polling place on Election Day. The students will be working together with registered voters of Maricopa County to run the polling place.
To qualify for the STEP UP program, a student must:
- Be at least 16 years-old
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Submit an application that includes parental/guardian and school permission along with a copy of your Social Security Card for payroll purposes
- and attend a mandatory training class.
- All polling place employees, including students, are required to work the full election day, beginning at 5:00 a.m. and ending when all polling place closing procedures have been performed (approximately 8:00pm).
For Information Contact: April Snow at 602-506-1519 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Election Day: $11.00 per hour (2019), $12.00 per hour (2020)
- Training & Set Up: $11.00 per hour (2019), $12.00 per hour (2020)