Maricopa County Recorder's Office
We are pleased to offer the latest in technology for your information and convenience. Our recording system makes available, either in one of our offices or on the internet, over 146,000,000 images. Data including our first recording on June 5, 1871 can be located on our website. Social security numbers have been redacted on all images available on the website. Images of Plat Maps dating from 1901, and Recorded Ordinances are also available in our office or on the internet. Since August of 1999 we have accepted documents electronically and currently over 80% of all documents are submitted this way. In, January 2011 we partnered with the Maricopa County Library District to place the very first Interactive Recording KIOSK, in Surprise, AZ at the Northwest Library. We continue to remain at the forefront of e-government.
We are proud of the many recognitions we have received and that we are considered by many to be the premier recording office in the country. Since 1988, we have continued to provide the citizens of Maricopa County the finest service possible. To ensure that we stay on the leading edge in our field we continually make changes and we encourage your participation. We welcome your suggestions and comments and look forward to hearing from you.
Maricopa County Recorder
Honors and Awards Received
- 2015 - Assistant Elections Director, Rey Valenzuela, is elected to the Executive Committee of the EAC Standards Board.
- 2012 - GIS Received "Guardian Award" by Election Center Professional Practice Award Committee, June 2012
- 2012 - Voter Registration Received "Minute Man Award" by Election Center Professional Practice Award Committee, June 2012
- 2011 - National Association of Counties Best In Category - Interactive Recording Kiosk
- 2011 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award Winner - Recorder's Capture of Document's Title
- 2011 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award Winner - Fixed Asset Tracking System
- 2010 - NACRC Public Official of the Year Award
- 2009 - New Bright Ideas Program Recognizes Innovative Government Programs
- 2008 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award, Connecting the D.O.T.S. (Digitized Outline to Text System): GIS District Boundary Definition Simplified
- 2008 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award, Voter Assistance & Alternative Format Information Website
- 2007 - Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government’s Ash Institute Top 50 Innovations in Government, Election Reporting Database
- 2007 - Election Center Best Professional Practice Award, Election Reporting Database
- 2007 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award, Election Reporting Database
- 2006 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award for Language Assistance Proficiency Assurance
- 2005 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award for Milos (Military and Overseas Voter Project)
- 2005 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award for Boardworker Voter Assistance Enhancement Program
- 2002 - Special Achievement in GIS award - this award honors an elite group of organizations that have embraced GIS technology to better serve the world.
- 2002 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award for Online Redistricting System 2002 - NACo eGovernance Award for Online Redistricting System
- 2001 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award for Digital Recording for accepting electronic documents for recordation.
- 2000 - The Year 2000 Computerworld Smithsonian Collection for Vote-By-Mail
- 1994 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award for Providing our information and images on-line through public access
- 1994 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award for Re-Engineering our Micrographics Department
- 1992 - National Association of Counties Achievement Award for Design and Implementation of our Recorder's Automation Project
The Recorder's Office
The mission of the Recorder's Office is to maintain a perpetual, comprehensive set of public records consisting of all documents appropriately presented for recording for the public so that any member of the public can readily access the information to conduct their personal and business activities with the assurance that, where appropriate, privacy will be protected and that their transactions were executed in accordance with the law.
Our vision is to be the most productive recording office with the best customer service and the best solutions for recording documents and accessing public records.
The Elections Department
Provide access to the electoral process for:
- The legislature and special interest groups
This is done so that they have equal accessibility and may readily participate in elections.
The vision of the Elections Department is a County in which citizens may vote, initiate petitions, and run for office confident that every effort was made to:
- Educate them about elections laws and procedures
- Remove barriers to participation
- Provide equal access
- Assure the integrity of elections.