Map Recordation Criteria
- MATERIAL – Must be printed on Polyester or Linen (mylar) per ARS 11-481-B
- AUTHENTICITY – Must be original map or photographic copy of map.
(please see criteria for signature) ARS 11-481-B
DO NOT USE DIAZO per ARS 11-481-B
**Recommended to test copies with kit.
- TITLE – Must contain title indicating:
- type of map or plat
- name of subdivision or a description of the location of the area by section,
township & range
- name of the owner of record of the property being surveyed
Per ARS 11-481-A
Examples: Record of Survey of Sec. 17, T 21N, R 07E
Owner: John and Mary Smith
Final Plat of Cheshire Estates Unit 3 in Sec. 5, T 21 N, R 07E
Owner: J. Smith Development
- a place for the recorder's information and seal block on the sheet
- SEAL AND SIGNATURE - All seals and signatures must be original per ARS
11-480-A3 and in black ink to ensure quality reproduction. (dark blue ink may be accepted)
- LEGIBILITY – All maps must be sufficiently legible to reproduce legibly
from microfiche images and contain at least 11 point type per ARS 11-480.
We will not be able to accept maps for recordation that have: printing or
markings that are lighter than the rest of the map, maps that have information
overlapping, or maps that are “mirrored.”
TYPE SPECIFIC CRITERIA:
- 24" X 36"
- Drawn to accurate scale with at least 11pt. type with left margin of 2 inches
- Approvals by governing body of City or County with original signatures: per ARS
9-475; ARS 9-478
- Authorization from Water Commission received by Recorder’s Office (Unless in
exempt area: City of Flagstaff) Per ARS 45-108
RECORD OF SURVEY or any other map
- 18" X 24" or 24" X 36"
- Drawn to accurate scale with at least 11Pt type with left margin of 2 inches
- Parcel not split into more than 6 lots
Exceptions: Lots are 36 acres or more per ARS 32-2101
All other maps may be recorded if they are letter or legal size
on paper or polyester. They will be treated as regular recordings.
Maps required to be recorded by the director of water resources under ARS
45-401 through ARS 45-704